So I did a terrible job of recording what I read after about August last year, and that's a shame, since I have to be honest, I read so much sometimes that I often either can't remember what I've read at all or I can't remember many specifics about what I do remember reading, and occasionally, not very often, but occasionally, I can't remember how I felt about something I've read. Maybe some of you are like "Why bother reading if you can't remember anything about it" to whom I say "Do you remember every episode of every TV show or movie you've ever watched?" because reading is my TV time. Basically. I also watch TV and movies, but usually given a choice I'll read.
Anyway. It's a new year and that means that it's a great time to start over with things, and so I'm going to get back in the "record and review what you read" game. I decided that I wanted to be more systematic in how I rate my books, though because I feel like I'm kind of fickle in awarding stars on Goodreads, I don't want to be a fickle person. Therefore and herewith is my new rating rubric:
5 Stars
This is a book that I loved reading, that I'm still talking about, and that I will recommend to and/or buy for friends. Must be both well written and in some way profound.
4 Stars
This is a book that I enjoyed reading, that I may talk about, and that I will recommend. It is well written, but does not have a depth requirement.
3 Stars
This is a book that I liked reading and that I will endorse if you're already reading it, but will not actively recommend.
2 Stars
This is a book that I did not actively dislike reading, but would tell you not to bother reading.
1 Star
This is a book that have an active and specific dislike for.
And there you go.
No comments:
Post a Comment