This morning I woke up sorely tempted to stay in pajamas all day. I had books and I'm still signed in to Amy's Amazon Prime account and it would have been super easy to succumb to that. But I also know myself really well and I know that if I ever give into that I will end up miserable and depressed by the end of the day. So instead, I went to the temple. Which, of course, was awesome. The session was completely full, which I'm not sure is normal for a Friday morning. I have a feeling there were a lot of other guvvies like me trying to make the most of their free time. The temple president spoke briefly at the beginning and reminded us that at times of "noise and tumult" the best place to seek peace was the temple, and I know that I found it there.
Re,latedly, seeing as this thing doesn't have an end in sight and I could be looking at being home for a while longer I've come up with four Rules for a Shutdown
1.) Take a shower and get dressed every morning within one hour of getting out of bed (or be out exercising in the same timeframe).
2.) Leave the house for at least 45 minutes every day.
3.) Speak with another human at least once a day.
4.) Do at least one productive thing every day.
you forgot number 5 - eat a piece of chocolate :)
ReplyDeleteAmy is right, chocolate needs to be on the list.
ReplyDelete