Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Series of Short Epistles

Dear 2012,

Please stop picking on me. It's not funny anymore.

Love,

Not Your Own Size

Dear Chipotle,

It was great catching up with you after our long separation. Let's get together soon.

Yours,

Is There Any Cilantro In My Teeth?

Dear Reed's House,

Thanks for letting me stay with you, but is there anything we can do about the lighting situation in the vanity? Please?

Sincerely,

Had To Put on My Make-up in the Car

Dear Work Wardrobe,

I'm sorry I've been neglectful of you and you're now sad and depleted and one size too large.

Respectfully,

About To Be Much Poorer

Dear Household Effects,

Don't worry; I'll be springing you out soon. Hang in there!

XOXO,

Can't Wait To Move In

Dear Work,

I think we are going to be friends.

Much love,

Having a Pretty Good First Week

Dear Machu Picchu,

Maybe next year...

Disappointedly Yours,

Not Enough Leave

Dear Washington Metro Area,

I get that it's Summer, but let's bring it down a notch, mkay?

Regards,

Would Like To Go Running

Dear Ernest Hemingway,

Fine, you wrote one good book.

Grudgingly,

Just Finished Old Man and the Sea

Dear Target,

I don't understand how my cart magically fills up when I'm with you. Please stop having such awesome stuff. Just kidding. Please don't ever stop.

Yours Forever,

I Only Needed Three Things

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jules,

    This was pretty much my favorite post ever.

    Much love,

    It's about time you liked SOMETHING Ernie wrote!

    ReplyDelete