There are two kinds of automatic toilets in this world: the ones that you're afraid are never going to actually flush, and the ones that flush too soon. The ones at the office I was in last week were pf the latter type. Seriously. If you just leaned a little for more... leverage, if you know what I mean, they would flush. Imma have to vote no to that. Though it's better than the ones I used once that I somehow always managed to make flush twice. Every time.
Tangentially, I've found I get a little flustered when a public toilet is NOT auto flush. Like, you really going to make me touch the toilet flush handle with my HANDS!? What really weird is that my new office has manual flush toilets, but automatic sink faucets.
Related: the stalls in the bathroom at my new church building were obviously designed to get as many toilets in the smallest space possible. What they were not designed for: having toilets AND people in them. It requires a bit of fancy maneuvering to get in, get the door shut, and do your business, if you know what I mean.
Not quite as relevant: I was at theater the other day and the bathroom there had the fancy new hand dryers in them. Have you seen those? The ones where you like dip your hands into a jet stream of air that blows your skin into ripples. This particular dryer brand claimed to be the fastest and most hygienic hand dryer ever. Really? I'd like to see the studies on that. In what ways is this hand dryer more hygienic than any other automatic hand dryer with a sensor.
Woah! I've thought that exactly: "Okay, it's speedy fast, but how in the HECK is it the most hygienic?" Having said that, I like them. But I always turn my face away. The thing spits water drops out everywhere. Which doesn't seem very hygienic.
ReplyDelete