Friday, September 21, 2012

Soundtack for a Break Up

January and February -- Daft Punk, Something About Us


...I need you more than anything in my life/I want you more than anything in my life/I'll miss you more than anyone in my life/I love you more than anyone in my life...

March through May -- Kenny Chesney, Come Over



...I told you I wouldn’t call, I told you I wouldn’t care/But baby climbing the walls gets me nowhere/I don’t think that I can take this bed getting any colder/Come over, come over, come over, come over, come over...

June and July -- Jerrod Niemann, What Do You Want From Me?


...Now tell me, what do you want? What do you want? What do you want from me?/Are you tryin’ to bring back the tears or just the memories?/You keep takin’ me back, takin’ me back where I’ve already been./When we hang up it’s almost like I’m losing you again./Can’t you see? So what do you want, what do you want from me?...

August -- Sara Evans, A Little Bit Stronger


...And I'm done hoping that we could work it out/I'm done with how it feels, spinning my wheels/Letting you drag my heart around/And, oh, I'm done thinking that you could ever change/I know my heart will never be the same/But I'm telling myself I'll be okay/Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger...

First half of September -- Jana Kramer, Why Ya Wanna


...Why you wanna/Show up in a old t-shirt that I love/Why you gotta tell me that I'm looking good/Don't know what/You were thinkin'/You were doing/Moving in for a hug/Like you don't know I'm coming undone/Why you gotta/Why you wanna/Make me keep wanting you...

Second half of September  -- Julieta Venegas, Me Voy


...No voy a llorar y decir que no merezco esto/Porque es probable que/Lo merezco pero no lo quiero/Por eso me voy/Que lastima pero adios/Me despido de ti y me voy...[I am not going to cry and say I don't deserve this/Becaue I probably do deserve it, but I don't want it/so I'm leaving/It's a shame, but goodbye/I'm bidding you farewell]

1 comment:

  1. So basically I am right there with you. And I would add "Come Wake Me Up" by Rascal Flatts.

    Yeah the whole thing begins
    And I let you sink into my veins
    And I feel the pain like it's new
    Everything that we were,
    Everything that you said,
    Everything that I did and that I couldn't do
    Plays through tonight

    And this is 1+ year when he comes out of nowhere and asks to catch up...

    I just love you and your blog Jules.

    ReplyDelete