Monday, September 24, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Went to the National's game last Saturday and had a blast. I met up with Ames and Melly at their house and we metroed in. Apparently, it's tradition to stop at Five Guys before the game, so that's what we did. Five Guys is a decent $5 burger:


And then we headed in to watch the game:


The best part about everything was that it was deliciously mid 80s and the sun was shining and I was warm and happy. Even got the slightest bit of a sunburn. Oh, and the Nationals beat the Milwaukee Brewers 10-4 which is fun. Apparently they sort of got good out of nowhere.

Opening pitch.

I really wanted to capture the exact moment the bat hit the ball, but that's actually really hard to do.
First home run of the game. Yeah!
Nat's win!
The President's race was also pretty funny.


Afterward there was a Dierks Bentley concert. At which I learned that I don't love Dierks Bentley. There's a level of sophistication missing from his music generally, and 5 of the 10 songs were about drinking, and he sort of embodies the "forever young and carefree" mentality of the age, which I don't love. BUT he does have a ton of energy on stage, and we like that.


All in all a lovely way to spend a Saturday. There's not much more wholesome than a stadium of people singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the 7th Inning Stretch; and we like wholesome around here.


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to be honest. I didn't even know that the Nationals were a team. I thought you just made that up. But if they're playing the Brewers, then they must actually exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Under your second picture it says "the sin was shinning"! This little typo made me smile at the image that came into my head. At least, I assume it was a typo :)

    ReplyDelete