Did you know that there's a professional ultimate frisbee (ahem, disc) league? There is. It just started this year. You can check out the American Ultimate Disc League's website. Having learned of the existence of such a thing as professional ultimate frisbee from my new friend Joe, I determined that attending a professional ultimate frisbee game was an experience that I was required to have in this life. LUCKILY! I discovered my urgent need to attend a game just a few days before the eastern division championship. So on Saturday after spending some time unpacking my house (a job that is nearly done, finally) I gathered up Joe and Annie and we headed to Philedelphia.
Of course, we had to stop at get philly cheesesteaks. We went to a place called Pat's King of Steaks and it was delicious.
The game was an absolute joy to watch. Seriously. We were rooting for the Philedephia Spinners and they turned in a nearly flawless game. Beautiful passes and good momentum and just superb execution. Which is why they crushed their opponents ending the game with a huge point spread.
And then we had to make the three hour drive home. It was way past my bedtime, which means that words began flowing out of my mouth and I couldn't stop them and now my new friend Joe knows WAY more about me than he ever really wanted to. But mostly it was just a really fun ans awesome thing to do. Maybe we'll have to go next season too.
Haha! So fun! And also, you look so thin! Way to go!!
ReplyDelete