Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Commute Stats

Driving Distance from Door to Desk: 2.5 miles
Door to Desk Time Driving: 7 minutes

Biking Distance Door to Desk: 2.3 miles
Door to Desk Time Biking: 26 minutes

Number of Days I've biked to work since moving in: 3
Number of Days per week I plan to bike to work: 4

People I startled when announcing that I was passing on the left this morning: 6 (all of them)
People at work who were impressed by me riding my bike to work: 9

Times I've had to get off my bike and walk it up a stupid hill: 7
Times I got lost on the bike paths: 5

Approximate calories I burned each way:143
Approximate total calories burned: 858

Fuel savings per week: 1 gallon (about $3.50 these days)
Fuel savings per month: 4 gallons (about $14)

Units of satisfaction that I get from biking to work: about a hundred billion.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for you. I was wondering how far it was to work and how you were getting there. Don has been riding his bike to and from work for the last several months - 9 miles each way. Then he decided to run a half marathon. Check out my blog for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet it's a beautiful ride. I'm a little jealous. I tried riding my bike to work for a while but it's alongside the Hwy and it wasn't pleasant.

    ReplyDelete